|How well do you breath?
Now ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you breathe through your mouth?
- Do you suffer from asthma?
- Do you snore at night?
- Do you suffer from sleep apnoea?
- Do you take large breaths before speaking?
- At rest can you hear yourself breathe?
- Do you suffer from hay fever?
- Do you excessively sigh, yawn, sneeze, wheeze or snore?
- Do you suffer from a blocked nose?
- Do you awake with a dry mouth?
- Do you need frequent trips to toilet at night?
- Do you often wake & can’t get back to sleep for long periods?
- Do you get pains in your chest?
- Do you get panic attacks?
- Do you wake unrefreshed?
- Do you get tired or sleepy during the day?
- Do you have to drink a lot of water?
- Do you get reflux?
- Do you get Restless legs?
- Do you often get leg cramps in the early hours of the morning in bed?
- Do you have a chronic cough?
- Do you grind (or clench) your teeth while sleeping?
How many did you tick? These are symptoms of over-breathing.
The importance of the way you automatically and consciously breathe has been hugely understated and misunderstood. It is now known that correcting hyperventilation, otherwise known as over-breathing, can alleviate many common health conditions.
The Buteyko Breathing Method is most famous for reversing asthma. Learning and practicing the breathing exercises daily (15min x 4 p/day) can also provide relief for:
coughing, excess mucous, frequent yawning, snoring, excess sweating, dizziness, brain fog, headaches, high blood pressure, pain in the chest, anxiety, racing heartbeat, depression, fatigue, muscle pain, gum disease, IBS, itchy skin, bed wetting, and sleep apnoea.
If you don't have any concerning health conditions the breathing practices still may offer you benefits by: lowering the impact of lactic acid build up, normalising your pH levels and improving your cardio fitness; the breathing exercises are the basis for high altitude fitness training, also known as hypoxic training.
Over 4 weeks you will learn how to better your health by simply re-establishing your innate breathing patterns. The 5th class in an optional 1 hour recap class.
2017 Upcoming Adult Group Class Dates:
Venue: The Transformation Space, Suite 101/54 Alexander St Crows Nest, Sydney.
- Saturday: 14th, 21st, 28th Oct, 4th & 18th Nov 1:30pm - 3:30pm
- Monday: 16th, 23rd, 30th Oct, 6th & 20th Nov 10am - 11:30am
- Thursday: 19th, 26th Oct, 2nd, 9th & 23rd Nov 6pm – 7:30pm